1. Employ moderation in everything you attempt.
2. The shortest distance between two points may be a straight line, but I prefer to stick to the paved highway.
3. If you want a job done properly, do it yourself.
4. Never beard a lion in his den, unless the exit is clearly marked and seen!
5. We only pass this way once, so keep your eyes open and enjoy life to the full.
6. Climb a tree if you must, but I much prefer to use a ladder.
7. If you put yourself in peril, never count on someone else saving your hide!
8. If you want to lose a friend? Lend him money!
9. Despite knowing all about you, a true friend will never judge you.
10. Before you jump on your bicycle, make sure you’ve a saddle to sit on!
11. Always aim for the stars. You might not make it, but at least you tried. Aim for a puddle, and you’ll be successful, but who cares?
12. If you choose to ignore the advice of one you consider an old fool? Make sure he’s close by to rescue you from your own stupidity!
I suggest you follow your own axioms, then you can’t blame others when things go wrong!
Rhymer. October 31st, 2014.