VoicesNet and any of its owners and operators and even volunteers will not be liable for any damages caused in any manner through the use of this website.
All adult members agree to only communicate with VoicesNet members younger than 18 through the communication channels that are publicly used on the site such as poem responses and poetry forum posts and not allowed in private site mail.
New members must confirm that they are 14 years of age or older. Private site mail is only available to those who confirm that they are 18 years of age and older. The site does not allow those under the age of 18 to be contacted using the VoicesNet private site mail system.
Links can be posted by site members but only to other writer related sites that meet VoicesNet's family friendly guidelines and after a member has made significant contributions to the VoicesNet community through their site submissions and/or site volunteer activity. VoicesNet management must approve any links that are posted before they are posted.
Basic Posting Guidelines
(1) If you post poems in the Secret Forum area of the website, please submit your poems and posts to only one forum room at a time (i.e. do not post a poem to 5 different forum rooms).
(2) No obscenities, erotica, or sexual content allowed.
(3) No Hate mongering, especially pointed at groups.
(4) No rude or offensive posts/jokes allowed against certain groups (i.e. race, disabilities, sexualities, appearances, etc.). Nothing even slightly perceived as bullying or making fun of others in an offensive manner is allowed.
(5) Please consider that we have members around here as young as 8.
(6) All postings dealing with darker topics must be posted after careful consideration of the younger audience. The extremely dark material should not be posted at this website at all. If in doubt, don't post it! When posting an acceptable darker document, please make sure these posts are in the appropriately marked parts of the website.
(7) Documents and poems about suicide are not allowed if they in any way suggest that the subject in the writing go through with the suicide (first person or third person).
(8) No poems or documents including explicit violent acts are allowed and will not be permitted.
(9) Non-explicit abortion poems and writings can be posted.
(10) Please be sensitive with difficult and controversial matters.
(11) Any posts deemed to violate these guidelines will be removed by our moderators or site administrators, without notification. Because of the volume of traffic at the site, we can not be expected to contact every member who has a writing removed.
(12) All members agree to understand the role taken by site administrators and content reviewers in representing the site regarding posts having to be removed. This is a tough and required role, and anybody agreeing to do such a job should at all times be treated with the utmost respect.
(13) Site administrators can change these rules as needed to keep the site to a desired standard of morality (an admitted subjective and difficult task).
(14) No web sites, email addresses, or Instant Messaging addresses can be listed in posts, including profiles, without the prior consent of the site administrators.
(15) No postings involving soliciting money from the site members and visitors are allowed without the prior consent of site management.
(16) No flaming allowed! The site is not here to flame VoicesNet.com or its representatives. Anybody flaming VoicesNet.com will have their posts removed and will be immediately banned from our website.
(17) No members may recruit for any cause on this website without prior consent from the VoicesNet Management.
(18) Copyright remains with the authors for works posted. Authors grant Voicesnet the rights to display completed poetry, documents or comments posted to the forum to other parts of our websites and any affiliated websites. This also includes being sent out in our newsletter.
(19) Please don't degrade other sites in your posts. We do not allow that. Those sites hold us liable for any slanderous comments about them.
(20) Documents submitted to the site must be in English. We try to be a fairly family friendly web community and do not have the resources available to monitor submissions in languages other than English.